What does “Success” mean to you?
When asked a question as to “Who want to be Successful in Life?”, almost everyone would raise their hand and acknowledge that he/she want to be Successful in life. But when asked to explain “Success”, many of them think over and over again about the meaning of success in their life. Some say that ‘Attaining what you want is Success’, others says ‘When an act is accepted and rewarded, it can be termed as Success’. There are people who consider success to be attainment of personal goals, becoming wealthy and famous, living life of dreams, a home, a settled family, lots of luck, being healthy, have happiness all around etc. to fall within definition of success.
There are a thousand ways wherein success can be defined, explained and described. Few words from great men can be read from this link. But howsoever you expand the arena of success, there are some significant events which embodies success. Identify them and you will find that success is not really a destination, its a journey, which happens each day in our life.
1. Success is the smile that you could bring on the face of another fellow being.
2. Success can be in your dressing, that makes you feel confident, proud and elegant.
3. Success can be in the food you consume, the food that has been bought out of your own earning.
4. Success is in completing a work which you thought might be too hard to accomplish.
5. Success is in the promise that you kept today to your friend/family.
6. Success is in the care you showed to your loved one, even over a phone talk.
7. Success also can be seen in the time mangement you made today.
8. Success is in having one good friend whom you can turn to when life makes you confused and lost.
9. Success is in the relaxation you had after a long hectic week.
10. Success comes in shape of smile, food, money, pleasure, laughter, satisfaction.
11. Success is in sharing dream and life with the person you love.
12. Success is in being alive today, after facing the odds of life.
List goes on and on……….
You dont have to look for huge money, hard earned certificates, awards and acceptance from a community of 1000, to be successful. If you can find tiny success stories from your life, with your life, you can see that you are more successful than many others around you. Be proud. Be happy and Be content about it. Because success is consequential to choice and you can define success in your own terms taking examples from each day activities of life. Thereafter you will feel more productive and comfortable with life. I bet on this aspect; try it once- Define and describe your “success”, without going for a comparison with others!!!
Have a Successful Week Ahead!!!